The application materials should be completed as listed below:
1 page of illustrations for the 3 looks or plan of collection
1 page for each look’s illustration (3 pages)
1 page for each look’s flats/technical designs (3 pages)
1 page for the fabric and material swatches (no photocopy)
1 page for the developed concept or atmosphere or mood board
1 page for the English written concept with a title (maximum 100 words)
1 resume / CV of the applicant
1 2017-18 student ID of the applicant (photocopy)
– Format of each page: 8.5″ x 11″ or A4 / Letter – and on separate pages (no binding or mounting or else) – name and school and email address and cell phone number should be written on the back of each page with a light pencil.
– Remember how important is for Jurors to appreciate and even touch the selection of sample of materials. Therefore we recommend students to avoid the use of photocopy of their material. Nothing is better then real material samples even smaller.
– If several students from the same School are registered in the competition, they are allow to mail all together their applications in the same package/box. However they have to make sure to have their own and complete project in a separate sturdy cardboard envelope under their name to avoid confusion as well as any damage to their application materials.
PS – This unique and independent competition is dedicated to solely celebrate emerging designers and their creativity and vision.
– Student work is protected and therefore not in view, nor is it sold to trend offices or design studios.
– Students don’t give up the intellectual property rights of their designs when they participate in the competition of the Arts of Fashion Foundation.
– Student projects received by April 1st are judged by a carefully selected jury of fashion design professors on May 17-18 in Paris, who travel from all around te globe on their own budget.
– The 50 selected student finalists present their work on the runway in front of a carefully selected jury of fashion professionals on October 14-15 in San Francisco. Save the date!
PS – Follow us on Instagram and advise your interested students to apply to the AOF Paris MasterClass programs 2018 in partnership with Les Métiers d’Art – CHANEL (Maison Lesage & Maison Lemarié): 5 spots are still available for the 4-week session of July: